2010年8月17日星期二

The deputy took Mantle to the jail emergency room

The deputy took Mantle to the jail emergency room. Mantle couldn’t believe what was going on. He was a respected lawyer about to spend the night in jail with violent criminals, some of whom he’d helped to convict. He’d be lucky to get out alive. And all because of a stupid cup of coffee.

Mantle was in jail because he had displeased Judge Brown. Brown had asked Mantle to bring her a caffe latte from Moonbucks on Mantle’s way back from lunch. Mantle had had previous run-ins with Brown. He didn’t like Brown, and refused to be her errand boy. When Mantle returned from lunch, she asked him where her coffee was. Mantle said, “They ran out. They said to come back tomorrow.”

The GLE 455 center speaker uses a sealed cabinet with a tweeter and two 61⁄4-inch midrange drivers. Unlike with some center speakers, there's no way to adjust the cabinet's vertical tilt. The 455 can be used as a horizontal center speaker (which is what I did) or flipped around for use as a front-L/R or rear-channel speaker.

The AS 85 SC powered subwoofer is small by contemporary standards, both in its size (less than 20 inches high) and power (Canton claims 150 watts of "music power"). But it does sport a front-firing 9-inch driver along with a front port. The rear panel has controls to adjust volume, crossover, and phase. You'll also find jacks for stereo/mono line input and stereo line output, as well as speaker-level inputs and outputs. A "normal/narrow" switch compensates for room size by altering the crossover's response (see Test Bench for details).

SETUP
Unless I someday move my comfy chair, the designated speaker locations in my listening room are as rigidly defined as Newtonian physics. I placed the towers along my front narrow wall, about 8 feet apart, and the center speaker beneath my TV. I put the surrounds on my own trusty stands behind my chair and along each side wall. Finally, I placed the sub along my front wall in the spot where experience has shown that I'll get optimal bass response at my listening position.

没有评论:

发表评论